This support mechanism is intended to provide support to primary agricultural producers who have perceived a hazardous condition which they believe to exist due to absence of standard or design oversight and wish to have the concern addressed. See More +
What Concerns Do We Handle?
- Concerns related to the occupational safety and health of operators and or bystanders while agricultural equipment is utilized for the production of primary agricultural products.
We Do Not Handle
- Matters where legal proceedings have been initiated
- Labour relations issues
- Concerns from workers without the ownerâ€™s consent
- Issues related to financial transactions
- Issues related to consumer products intended for residential lawn and garden maintenance
- Issues related to off road recreational vehicles designed and primarily used for recreational purposes
How Do We Deal With Your Concern
- Received concerns will be assessed to ensure that they are within the scope of CASAâ€™s mandate
- You will receive confirmation of receipt of your concern
- Your concern will be forwarded to the appropriate manufacturerâ€™s representative if the matter is considered unique to a particular manufacturer, OR
- Your concern (with personal identifiers and manufacturer identifiers removed) will be forwarded to the Canadian Standards Association Technical Committee on Agricultural Machinery if the matter is considered as a universal design issue.
- The Canadian Agricultural Safety Association (CASA) will contact you when update information is available.
- The manufacturer or representative of the manufacturer may contact you directly at their discretion.
Concerns can be submitted electronically by following the procedures below or by calling (877) 452-2272